What an entertaining game for a Sunday night, am I right?
- Kaapo Kakko finally had his breakout game and the Rangers needed it. Even though the points haven’t been there, Kaapo has been involved in most of the games he’s be in and this game wasn’t an exception. Kaapo seemed to be around the puck, was a PROBLEM for the Devils below the dots and drove the net when he could.
- On top of this highlight reel goal, he also potted on in the shootout which will surely boost his confidence.
- Sometimes a player just needs to know their coaches and players believe in him and that goes for Kaapo. Let me tell you something, if Kaapo can begin to go on a tear in addition to 10 and 93 performing, the Rangers can be a very dangerous team to play against.
- I don’t know if this play by PK Subban was as dirty as the 54 other plays thus far into the season but boy oh boy that did not look good for Sammy Blais. At this point we just have to hope it’s not as serious as everyone thinks that it might be. I hate hearing athletes scream in pain, absolutely gut wrenching.
- Does Adam Fox have the best backhand in the NHL?
- 13 bullying Jimmy Vesey all night put a smile on my face. I can’t believe it was only a few years ago that Susan Sarandon was begging Vesey to come to NY.
- Everyone by now knows that 40 is my new 18 but it’s always nice for the Rangers to get points when the backup is in. Good for him.
- I’ve always been hard on Kreider for consistency issues because he has all the tools to be a completely dominant player in the NHL. We’ve seen it in spurts throughout the years but Kreider is holding strong this year. Will this be the year he pots 30?
- The Rangers have to learn how to hold a lead if they have any shot in moving forward. Case in point – The Devils tying goal. There is NO reason Reaves, Goodrow and Rooney should be below the goal line with a lead in the third period. You have to at least keep one guy high and when you don’t other teams can capitalize on odd man rushes, no matter how hard you backcheck.
- I’m over shootouts. Make games 10 min 3v3 – if no-one scores by then call is a draw.
Win is a win, keep on rolling.