- The first period was definitely not one of the Rangers best. They spent the period giving the puck away, chasing and ultimately down on the scoreboard. Without Igor playing lights out, this game could’ve definitely gotten away from the boys in blue. Let’s just put that one in the trash and pretend it didn’t happen.
- That Avalanche power play is something to watch isn’t it? I can’t really complain because our power play is also decently lethal but the Avs get the puck and go. They pass the puck crisp around the zone, win ANY loose pucks and generate chances off of quick puck movement. This is why their PP is above 50%. If you don’t know, now you know.
- You’re not going to beat the defending champs when your normally amazing PP goes 0/4. This ain’t going to happen.
- I think we all knew Georgiev was going to have a game right? Every time a former Ranger plays against them you might as well put all the money on the other team.
- I can’t be the only one who didn’t care for 40, right? I see Rangers fans all of Twitter practically worshipping a guy who spent his whole Rangers career complaining about playing time skating around with a giant sour puss on his face. Listen, can he steal games? Absolutely. He’ll probably beat the Rangers every time he plays them. Do I think he’ll win a Cup in Colorado? Absolutely not. I know there’s such thing as playing games and getting into a rhythm but I watched to many Rangers games in which he would allow the softest shots to go in.
- That was one of Chris Kreiders worst games I’ve seen in a while. How many times did he just throw the puck to the middle of the ice, only for the puck to go out of the zone or for Colorado to take possession. There were far too many times where it looked like 20 was forechecking just to do it. When Kreider is at his best, he’s impactful and engaging. You’re not going to beat the defending champs when your 52 goal scorer is just out for a rip. Embarrassing.
- Panarin, Trocheck and Lafreniere are sure fun to watch right? I counted multiple times in which 13 went hard on the puck, took possession and created a scoring chance off of his hard work. Loved it.
- The ESPN camera crew must not know what people want to watch. Are they told not to show any scrums after the whistle? Are they not allowed to replay big hits? We had one of our first Trouba bombs of the year and it was barely talked about.
- I like Ferraro for most NHL games but not the Rangers. I don’t know what they did to him but give the guy a gift basket so we don’t have to hear how inferior they are for 2 and a half hours.
- You knew this was going to be a Fox Makar show down and while Makar played well, Fox’s goal was a thing of beauty. I mean, it can’t be easy to toss MacKinnon down, go to the other end and pot a goal.
- Libor Hajek lives in a fantasy world.
- Sammy Blais told all of his haters to suck it last night. He made a good play on the Rangers first goal and finished the game with three hits. It’s going to take this guy a few games to get back to full game speed but the skill and grit are still there.
The Rangers are 0-1-2 in their last 3 and take on the Islanders tonight in the second half of a back to back. Pageau looks ready to go.
Bend, don’t break boys. 7:30 puck drop – see you guys there.