The Rangers record is not at all what we thought it would be just 15 games into the season. While most analytics have the Rangers playing better hockey, the Rangers had dropped their last 3 games going into Detroit and needed to get back on track.
Is there any better way to get results than to put the dads in the stands? With all the sacrifices hockey dads make throughout the years you knew that the Rangers would put their best foot forward and compete for a full 60 minutes.
- Interesting Ryan Lindgren stat. The Rangers have only won 8 games of the 24 games he’s missed since being with the Rangers. To add to that – their GAA is a full goal higher. Do you think he’s important to the Rangers?
- Kravstov made it through an NHL game without dummying himself and even found himself on the score sheet. I thought he played a pretty solid game, kept things simple and always seemed to be one of the first forwards back. I know Gallant is going to like that 74 was not only involved offensively but was also defensively responsible.
- The KID line seemed to be in the offensive zone the entire game. They just keep shit simple man. They get pucks deep, and they are absolute hounds on loose pucks. On top of being a pain in the ass for the opposition, they’re all very skilled which is just a recipe for success. 13 and 72 finished with 2 assists and even though Kaapo was held without a point, he also would’ve wound up on the scoresheet if there was such thing as a third assist.
- Adam Fox is so good.
- Sammy Blais, Barclay Goodrow and Julien Gauthier put together one of the best games a Rangers fourth line has put together in YEARS. Whens the last time a Rangers fourth line put together any sort of offensive zone time? This line has speed, physicality and winning experience. Love it.
- You knew Mika was going to have a special game with it being his 700th in the NHL. 2 goals, 5 shots on net. He must’ve saw Larrys tweet, eh?
- The best way to get over a slump is a Libor Hajek goal.
- Did it seem like the Rangers crashed the net a lot more last night than usual? I feel like with the amount of skill the Rangers have, they keep it to the outside and find seem passes through the middle of the ice. Last night, they took that puck and shoved it down Detroits throat.
- Jimmy Vesey was all over the ice last night – whether he was back checking, finishing his checks, or putting the puck in the net, 26 had himself a hell of a game.
- Chris Kreider is at his best when he’s doing simple shit. Why? Because when most players do simple shit, they’re effective. Add Kreiders speed, physical presence and hand eye coordination and you have yourself one hell of a player.
It’s always really cool seeing the dads have a good time. Kreiders dad saying “It’s a Power Play Goal” just shows how much of a legend Sam is. My buddy Frito also pointed out something pretty cool.
Artemi Panarins parents divorced at a young age with his grandfather being the father figure in his life. When he went to Chicago, he was provided a translator who he has since become family with. He’s The Godfather to both of his kids and that’s who the Breadman has on the trip. Here’s a link to an article a few years back that details this. So wholesome. Isn’t Panarin the best?
The Rangers take on the Predators tomorrow night at 8 o’clock. Stay on the gas boys and keep collecting W’s.