Wow, what a game. Listen guys, we might not be that great defensively but we are going to WHEEL and it’s going to be electric.
Before the game even started I was jacked up for the introductions. Somebody on Twitter said there’d be a big announcement and even though that did happen, we were blessed with an all time moment.
Yeeeeesh, I can’t even imagine that happen to me, I’d crumble. The boys definitely won’t let him live that down.
- How many of you thought Marc Staal would score the first goal of the year? Oh yeah, me neither. Now, as most know, I can’t stand the guy. At that moment I thought, hey lets give him a chance. Then throughout the game he was arguably the biggest liability on the ice of all time. You’re telling me we can’t find ANYONE better than that to play D?
- Panarin, Zib and Buch looked so so so dangerous. They have so much skill and their play compliment each others so well. The bread man scoring on the PP was big, Zib going back hand was ridiculous and the cellys / energy on the ice was amazing. They were FLYING through the neutral zone. 93 putting up 4 points in his first game playing with an elite talent for maybe the first time in his career is a pretty good sign. Im fully torqued that I get to watch that for 82 games.
- Kakko played well but his line was pretty unnoticeable. The fans went nuts whenever he touched the puck and if its hard to take the puck off of him as an 18 year old, can you imagine what it’ll be like in 5 years? I cant remember a time I thought the line as a whole was dangerous. I noticed Kreider twice from his streaking speed but other than that, where was he? Anyways, happy to see this for the next 10-15 years.
- Trouba is a MONSTER. He’s tough as shit, has a BOMB and was leaps and bounds the best defenseman on the ice for both teams. This guy is going to flourish and be a major key for the Blueshirts future.
- Hajek and Fox had their struggles but they’re also both rookies. With experience, they should be able to iron some things out. Fox seemed like a different player with Brady on the other side.
- It’d be nice if we can stop letting the other team score seconds after we do, right?
- Hank let in a soft one but he battled his ass off. He came up with a HUGE save on Wheeler late. 4 goals isn’t great but a W sure is.
- Theres been a lot of shit talked about Brett Howden in this early year and I was so happy to see him come up big for the game winner. He wasn’t all that noticeable but in the end he did what mattered most.
Sorta called it?
The defense sure needs to tighten up but what a show for the first game. 82-0?