This is insane. The amount of dedication to this routine is ridiculous.
I guess my only question is what songs Jack Eichel is listening to. Music is huge when it comes to locking in the zone and flooring it. Do we think Eichel is a Travis Scott guy or do you think he’s listening to Pix 106 Classic Rock? Regardless, now I’m a huge Jack Eichel guy. Why? Because I’m a routine guy.
Keds NCJAA Routine
Wake up, drive an hour to Hudson Valley Community College, the communities college
- Go to my 3 PE classes and then hit the mats in the gym for a 4 hour nap
- Wake up, go to Deli and Brew, get some buff chicken pizza, an Arnold Palmer, and a tin
- Debate on getting to the rink early, I’m a 4th liner, probably going to be a scratch
- Get to the rink, I am playing, need to go back out to the car to get whatever I forgot
- Rip through the plyometric warmup, got to be ready for my 8 minutes of ice time. Lazer focus, gym class hero
- Get dressed, listening to Flo Rida or T.I. ft. Justin Timberlake or Miley Cyrus or whatever is playing on the 2010 pop playlist
- Spend 20 minutes of warmup just trying to hit one post or one cross bar
- Miss all posts and crossbar, go back to locker room, deflated
- Back on the ice for a “flow skate” for national anthem. Had to show off the flow to all of the 8 people attending the game
- Circle the net, try to interpret what is said during pump up speech in regular people words
- Ride the pine, take 4 PK shifts, block 5 shots, leave the ice limping
- Get out of the rink as fast as possible, go home, sleep
In other words, Jack Eichel and I are the same person.