I was really hoping the Rangers would set the tone for the week and god damnit that was brutal. They’ve stayed hot with a never give up attitude, which while admirable, was messy hockey. They’ve been fun because of the comebacks but the wrinkles are starting to show.
Giveaways? Hockey is about possession and if you spend your night chasing because of turnovers, you’re going to find yourself losing and losing bad. However, If you could match the never give up to a full 60 minutes of hockey, then they can be a very dangerous team.
- Dryden Hunt has night in and night out been a workhorse. He forechecks hard and always seems to be right on the opposing defensmae as soon as they have the puck. Looks great on the fourth line.
- You think Gauthier received the message? What a game by the young kid with all the physical tools. I can count by memory 3 bug hits and although he might not have been first on the puck every time he battled like he wanted to be. I loved seeing Gallant reward a player for playing with some jump.
- Trouba is such a more impactful player when he’s playing mean.
- Strome looked good. The games Strome struggles are the game he goes invisible and he seemed to really get the second line going.
- I like Barclay Goodrow and I think he’s going to play a big role for the boys but would you rather have Jesper Fast?
- For the Rangers to be successful both 10 and 93 need to be playing. Bread man has been tallying points but seems to be making a lot of high risk plays. Granted he’s 1,000,000 times better at hockey then me, he could tell me to fuck right off. I’m not worried, hell figure it out.
- Pretty bad night for Chytil and Nemeth I thought. Chytil seemed to be turning pucks over left and right and didn’t really get anything going. This was the first game Nemeth stood out to me in a bad way. Not worried, the Swedish vet will clean it up.
- I love this shit. This is very uncommon in hockey and a good look for the Rangers. Being there for the boys even when you can’t gets you marks in the lockerroom, a skill set Reavo brings every night.
- Anyone else see Laf two hand Rasmus Andersson? Love a kid with spunk to do that.
We don’t play again until Friday meaning this week will more than likely suck. However, if you’re missing hockey, check out this weeks podcast. If you haven’t already, give it a listen and let us know what you think.
The flames were playing desperate Hockey have a lot to prove this season with having handed out over 54 million
In Markstrom, Chris Tanev , Blake Coleman and Nikita Zadorov oh yeah they need have results
I still have them Canucks, Montreal, Jets all missing the playoffs